0 900 visningar

8 svar

Mushroom tincture?

Barbara

14 jul 2012 kl. 12:13

Hello,
Has anyone ever tried making mushroom tincture (alohol or vinegar based) for medicinal reasons?
I’m curious if anyone here has tried it :)
Thanks in advance!

Tor

14 jul 2012 kl. 12:58

Lol never tried that. I think they taste great but for medicine? Naaah…

Irene A

14 jul 2012 kl. 14:03

I know it’s a common use of polypores, like Inonotus obliquus (chaga), several Ganoderma species, Trametes versicolor etc, in many countries. They are supposed to strengthen your immune system among other kinds of benefits.
Most of them, if not all(?) have a bitter taste, which often is an indication of bioactive compounds, but since I’m not fond of bitter tasting food, I haven’t tried them.
And how will one know if it works..?

Barbara

15 jul 2012 kl. 05:11

Generally speaking, bitter tasting foods are healthier…although not as pleasant :) I take my tinctures diluted in water or juice.

I was just curious to know how many mushroom foragers here were doing it for food vs. medicine.

Thanks!

Irene A

15 jul 2012 kl. 11:09

It seems that it’s not a western european habit to use mushrooms as medicine.
Inspired by old asian tradition to use healthbringing mushrooms (big industry nowadays) I have seen that it has become a growing trend in USA to try them.

I can’t agree that bitter taste in food in general is healty. It indicates presence of alkaloids, of which some are poisonous, but some are supposed to have positive effects in the right amounts.

Take care, Barbara :-)

Barbara

16 jul 2012 kl. 07:55

I myself am a fan of plant (and possibly fungi) tinctures.  They are a wonderful healing modality for so many reasons, not to mention a great way to preserve the medicinal properties.

Yes, that’s true of the alkaloids, but also true of the phytonutrients. It will take a lot of studying and research for me to educate myself on these matters, but I am so enjoying the process :)

Thanks for your feedback, Irene, it is greatly appreciated!

Erik L

16 jul 2012 kl. 19:26

Every autumn there are a couple of threads about psychoactive Psilocybe and Conocybe species, but that probably doesn’t count as “medicinal”.

Kabucho

10 jul 2018 kl. 09:54

Well as we say in both permaculture and herbal medicine, it depends. Water and alcohol extract different constituents of herbs, so higher/lower proof depends on what you are wanting to extract and that usually comes from what the point of the final medicine is. For every herbalist who says reishi is best at x concentration, another will say they’ve had great results with y. There is also an issue about heat (heating can release/activate some parts of plants/fungi that wouldn’t be otherwise). In general heat/long decoction will extract more immune properties, alcohol will get the adaptogenic properties.

If you are doing a double extraction, then the final alcohol% is going to be different i.e. you can make a 96% tincture, but not using a method that involves decoction as well.

I use reishi as a decoction, and haven’t made tincture yet, but here are the recipes I would consult. They come from expert level herbal medicine practitioners (Michael Moore and Robyn Klein. Klein is a hardcore scientist, if that’s the important thing).

Svara på inlägget ovan genom att fylla i formuläret nedan

OBS! Formuläret nedan är till för att svara på frågan i tråden ovan. Håll dig till ämnet och den ursprungliga frågan när du skriver ett svar. SKAPA ETT NYTT INLÄGG om du istället vill ställa en ny fråga eller starta diskussion i ett annat ämne. Olämpliga inlägg som inte följer forumreglerna kan komma att raderas.
Du är inte inloggad, men kan svara på inlägget ovan genom att fylla i formuläret nedan ändå genom att fylla i formuläret nedan. Är du regelbunden besökare på svampguiden kan du skapa ett konto för att slippa fylla i namn och säkerhetsfrågor varje gång du postar ett nytt inlägg. Välkommen att logga in eller skapa nytt konto. Det är gratis!
Välj bild…
Ladda hem Svampguiden till din telefon!
Available in Google Play
Rekommenderat Svampguiden rekommenderar Kaffe.se för dig som vill ha riktigt gott kaffe med dig ut i svampskogen
Ny Version! Svampguiden+ är en ny och uppdaterad version för iPhone och iPad. Läs mer!
Svamptork finns att köpa på svamp.se
Identifiera arter med hjälp av kameran i din iPhone
Gillar du SvampGuiden?